home recent topics recent posts search faq  

Colorado Patriot Guard Riders Forum

register | lost password   sign in with Twitter
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Colorado Missions and Events » Mission Archive » 12 OCT - Lee E. Cann, Jr., US Army Veteran - Rock Island National Cemetery, Illinois

This forum will contain all completed mission threads
10/9/2018 7:50:19 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
Following is the obituary for the brother-in-law of Kathy "Rat" Goldstein. This Service will take place at the National Cemetery in Illinois, near the Quad Cities. It is being posted for information purposes and for those who wish to post condolences that will be presented to Rat's sister at Mr. Cann's Interment Service. The Service will be attended by members of the Illinois and Iowa PGR.

Lee E. Cann, Jr., 61, of Bettendorf, Iowa, passed away Monday, October 8, 2018, at home surrounded by family.

Graveside services are 10:00AM on Friday at Rock Island National Cemetery. Those wishing to attend should meet in the parking lot of Trimble Funeral Home at Trimble Pointe, 701 12th Street, Moline, at 9:45AM.

Cremation will take place at Trimble Crematory, Moline, under the direction of Cremation Society of the Quad Cities. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Disabled American Veterans.

Lee Emmett Cann, Jr. was born July 9, 1957, in Moline, the son of Lee Sr. and Alma Frances (Raub) Cann. He proudly served in the U.S. Army. He married Elizabeth Mae McNamara on September 25, 1999, in Bettendorf. Previously, he had been married to Lavinna Moore, with whom he had three children.

He worked at the Rock Island Arsenal for 36 years, retiring in 2013. He enjoyed fishing and hunting. Baseball was a big part of Lee’s life. He played baseball, coached his children’s teams for many years, and was an avid Chicago Cubs fan. Above all else, family was the most important thing to Lee.

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
Colorado PGR HOTH Coordinator
0 permalink
10/9/2018 7:55:05 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
Great appreciation for the US Army Service of Lee E. Cann, Jr. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends during this very difficult time.

Rat, if there is anything we can do, your PGR family is here for you and your loved ones.

edited by jwherst on 10/11/2018

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
Colorado PGR HOTH Coordinator
0 permalink
10/10/2018 7:13:24 AM

Jerry Snowbarger
Jerry Snowbarger
Deepest sympathy and sincere condolences to the family and friends of Lee Cann. Sorry for your loss. Thank you for your service Sir.

Jerry

--
TopSnow
Ride Captain
Assistant State Captain, Denver Area
0 permalink
10/10/2018 10:30:16 AM

Dave Feazell
Dave Feazell
Kathy, our condolences and prayers go out to you and your family.

--
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that's why they call it the present."
Ellanor Roosevelt

In Memory of:
John Filonowich.
Rod Breazeale
Louis “Lou” Olivera
0 permalink
10/10/2018 1:07:28 PM

Steven Marsh
Steven Marsh
Thank you Lee E.Cann,Jr.for your service. May you rest easy now that your mission is complete. Rat you and your loved ones will be in my thoughts prayers.

--
Steve "Da Swampfox" Marsh
Colorado Patriot Guard Riders
RIDE CAPTAIN NORTHERN CO.
RETIRED STATE CAPTAIN
0 permalink
10/10/2018 1:47:50 PM

ken (Nick) nicholas
ken (Nick) nicholas
My sincere condolences go out to the family and friends of Lee Cann. His service to his country is greatly appreciated.

--
Assistant State Captain (Northern Co,)
0 permalink
10/10/2018 2:41:01 PM

Mike Anderson
Mike Anderson
After the tears have dried and the goodbyes have been said, all we have to hold onto are the happy memories that we’ve shared with our loved ones who have passed, this is what keeps them alive in our hearts and in our minds, and they will continue to live on, through us. My condolences. Thank you Lee E. Cann Jr for your service.

Mike
0 permalink
10/11/2018 6:41:53 AM

Robert (Bob) Ross
Robert (Bob) Ross
Thank you for your service Lee E. Cann, Jr. Your service for this great country will not be forgotten. My deepest condolences to the family and friends of this Veteran.

--
Bob Ross
USMC 1964-1968
RVN 02/1965-07/1967
Ride Captain
0 permalink
10/11/2018 2:25:52 PM

Gary Hand
Gary Hand
My deepest and most sincere condolences to you, your family and friends for your loss. His service to our country will not be forgotten.
0 permalink
10/11/2018 6:05:24 PM

Bob Waples
Bob Waples
My condolences and prayers to the family of Mr. Cann.

--
Bob "Grandpa" Waples – 720-467-0223

Riding for:
Robert L. Waples – World War II – Seaman First Class – United States Navy
James C. Waples – Staff Sergeant – United States Army -Gulf War Veteran
Arthur N. Fulweber – SP4, United States Army – Cold War
Robert C. Fulweber – Captain, Battalion Surgeon, United States Army – Vietnam
Ken Giebel – Sergeant – United States Marine Corps - Vietnam
Kathleen Giebel – Lieutenant – United States Navy
James Hurtado – CW4 – United States Marine Corps
Carolyn Hurtado – Captain – United States Marine Corps
Chuck Harville – Senior Chief Petty Officer – United States Navy
Alexandria Harville – Technical Sergeant – Virginia Air National Guard
Justin Bystrom – Operation Iraqi Freedom – United States Marine Corps
Tyler McDaniel – Staff Sergeant – United States Marine Corps
Steven Kohus – United States Marine Corps (Rest In Peace)
0 permalink
10/12/2018 1:57:49 PM

Rich
Rich "Honor Man" Blackaby
Administrator
Fervent Prayers for the Families and Friends. May God Bless them. Rest In Peace Lee E. Cann Jr USA.

--
Rich "Honor Man" Blackaby
So. Colorado Ride Captain/
A/DACG Liaison
Msg/Cell #:951-218-1980
PGR #: 139413
rgdlife4me@aol.com
0 permalink

Home » Colorado Missions and Events » Mission Archive » 12 OCT - Lee E. Cann, Jr., US Army Veteran - Rock Island National Cemetery, Illinois