home recent topics recent posts search faq  

Colorado Patriot Guard Riders Forum

register | lost password   sign in with Twitter
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Colorado PGR General Discussions » Thread Archive » 26 MAY - 19th Annual Veterans Memorial Day Tribute - Denver

This forum is for all non-mission archived threads
3/27/2018 6:36:01 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
The Patriot Guard Riders have been invited to form a Flag line at the entrance of the Pillar of Fire (POF) Hall, 1340 Sherman Street, Denver on Saturday, May 26, 2018 as the Gold Star Families and guests arrive for the Veterans Memorial Day Tribute.

9:00AM - Stage at the POF Hall
9:15AM - Mission Briefing
9:30AM - Form Flag Line at the Entrance to the POF Hall and along Sherman Street

Kathy "Rat" Goldstein will serve as Ride Captain for this event.

I will be honored to attend and will bring Flags.

For those who can stay through the Tribute until it ends at Noon, we have been asked to re-form our Flag line to insure the attendees feel secure as they return to their cars. There were a couple of minor incidents following the event, in 2016.

In previous years, our members have had some trouble finding street parking, some of which is free. However, there will be a parking lot available for our use behind the First Baptist Church at 230 East 14th Avenue. 14th Avenue is an eastbound one way street. Just past Sherman Street, turn south into the alley, just before the Church. The parking lot made available to us is the first lot immediately behind the Church.

We told the families of the fallen that we would not forget their sacrifice......
With this Tribute we are still remembering our heroes, and you are invited to join us...

Saturday, May 27, 2017 ~ 10:00AM until Noon

The 18th annual Veterans Memorial Day Tribute - Honoring Our Fallen Heroes

Indoors at the Pillar of Fire (POF) Hall, a historic church building just 1/2 block south of the Capitol at 1340 Sherman St., Denver.

This Tribute is a formal ceremony honoring Colorado's Fallen Heroes. The theme this year is "For the Love of Home, Country and Humanity", which is why they enlist and why they serve. The Ceremony will include the Reading of the Names with the ringing of the Navy Bell and the Remembrance Wreath Laying for the Fallen. Veterans from past wars will Lay the Wreaths. There will also be more music this year with war era songs.

The ceremony is free and is open to the public for all ages.

This is the time to show your support for the many Gold Star Families who attend and to observe Memorial Day as it was intended, a day to express our gratitude to those who gave their all for our Country.

edited by jwherst on 5/26/2018

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
Colorado PGR HOTH Coordinator
0 permalink
4/19/2018 7:13:31 AM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
The organizer of this event is looking for a Veteran who was deployed during the first Gulf War and would accept the honor of laying a wreath for those who died during the Gulf War.

Please post or send me an email if you are able to participate in this Tribute.

edited by jwherst on 4/19/2018

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
Colorado PGR HOTH Coordinator
0 permalink
4/27/2018 8:39:07 PM

Dennis Lawrence
Dennis Lawrence
I am available and would be honored to participate in this tribute as a Gulf War veteran if you still need someone.

Dennis Lawrence
dmlawrenc3@aol.com
303-886-2536
0 permalink
4/29/2018 9:03:35 AM

Kathy Goldstein
Kathy Goldstein
Administrator
I will be honored to attend and am available to serve as RC.
edited by ratkatgold on 5/20/2018

--
Kathy 'Rat' Goldstein
Ride Captain
State Captain (Ret)
ratkatgold@comcast.net

To those whose duty it is to protect and preserve the freedom of the people of this country, I most humbly thank you...
0 permalink
5/8/2018 7:25:01 AM

Jim Carr
Jim Carr
I will be honored to attend this event

--
Build someone up today, tomorrow may be to late
0 permalink

Home » Colorado PGR General Discussions » Thread Archive » 26 MAY - 19th Annual Veterans Memorial Day Tribute - Denver