register | lost password   sign in with Twitter
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Colorado PGR General Discussions » PGR Award from Association of US Army

This forum is used for general non-mission related postings
8/6/2017 5:47:36 PM

Lisa Menard
Lisa Menard
Administrator
I received an email today from Rob "Bees" Butler, President of the Patriot Guard Riders informing us that the PGR was selected by the Association of the US Army to receive the prestigious "National Service Award". This award is presented each year to an organization in recognition of exemplary service and enduring support to the American Soldier and the US Army Community.

Below are Bees' words:
We are in pretty good company as previous recipients are the Gary Sinise Foundation and the Honor Flight Network.

We've said many times that "It's not about us," and indeed it is not. It's about the heroes and the families we serve. What this award means is that the US Army community has acknowledged our commitment to them, that we cherish them and honor their service and their sacrifices to keep us free.

My voice betrayed my emotion as I accepted this award on behalf of all of our brothers and sisters that stand in the flagline. It was an honor I'll not soon forget.

As always, thank you for what you do.

Bees
edited by Fancypants on 8/6/2017

--
Lisa Menard

Be not simply good, be good for something. -Henry David Thoreau
0 permalink
8/7/2017 9:58:34 AM

Rich
Rich "Honor Man" Blackaby
Administrator
This is indeed an Honor. We don't do these Missions for the accolades or the glory. It is all about our Troops, First Responders, Veterans and their families. They come first.
For all the families that have invited us during their time of need...it is our Honor and Privilege to attend. We just hope that we have, in some small way, made your sorrows
a little easier to handle. When you suffer a loss, we do also. We are their Brothers and Sisters.

A BIG THANK YOU to ALL my PGR Brothers and Sisters for their dedication and sacrifices for these Missions. The families really appreciate it.

--
Rich "Honor Man" Blackaby
So. Colorado Ride Captain/
A/DACG Liaison
Msg/Cell #:951-218-1980
PGR #: 139413
rgdlife4me@aol.com
0 permalink
8/8/2017 9:46:48 AM

Kenneth Clarke
Kenneth Clarke
DITTO!!!