home recent topics recent posts search faq  

Colorado Patriot Guard Riders Forum

register | lost password   sign in with Twitter
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Colorado PGR General Discussions » 2017/2018 Ft. Carson Access Badge renewal procedures

This forum is used for general non-mission related postings
5/1/2017 11:42:45 AM

Robert McCune
Robert McCune
Administrator
All,
We are ready to move forward with renewing access badges for any non-DOD ID card holding CoPGR members. It looks like most of the current ones expire on 20 May 17. The new badges will be good for one year from the date of issue. Current military ID cardholders (active duty, retired, dependent) do not need an access badge.

If you require one I need the following information emailed to me at mccuner@aol.com. If you are not comfortable with emailing this information call me with it:

NAME (Last. First, Middle):
SSN:
DATE OF BIRTH:
DRIVER'S LICENSE #:

NOTE: You must also bring your vehicle registration and proof of insurance when you come to the Visitor's Center.

Once I have that I will fill out the form and we can set a date/time to meet at Ft. Carson's Visitor's Center to get your badge. They are open from 0500 - 2100 (5:00 AM - 9:00 PM), 7 days a week. Since I don't want to live at the Visitor's Center for the next few weeks I will get your applications in a group and set a date/time where we can renew as many at one time as makes sense.

NOTE: I must fill out this application on a computer in advance. They do not accept a handwritten application and there is no method to fill it out there so you must contact me in advance with your information. Please bring your current access badge with you as it must be surrendered to get a new one plus it makes the process a lot faster.

If you do not have a badge and want to attend a mission on Ft. Carson or the A/DACG we ask that you get a 24-hour access pass from the Visitor's Center on the day of the mission. Please let me know in advance of your intention to attend so I can add you to our access list. You must abide by all rules and personal conduct requirements when on Ft. Carson property so read up on them prior to attending the mission. Once you have attended a few missions and want to continue we will move forward with getting you a 1-year badge.

Lastly, keep in mind that this badge is for supporting PGR missions ONLY! You can't use it to access Ft. Carson property for any other reason/event. If you are caught using it outside of our missions you will have to surrender it and you will probably be banned by Post Security from ever coming on Ft. Carson again. They have been very generous in granting a 1-year badge for us so we can't do anything to mess that up. Otherwise we will have to renew every 60 days and I won't do that. Big boy/girl rules apply!

Let me know if you have any questions.
edited by Ironsides on 5/14/2017

--
Bob "Ironsides" McCune
SMSgt, USAF EOD Retired 1975-2001
State Captain-Colorado
Military Liaison
(719)332-4470
statecaptain@coloradopgr.org
0 permalink
5/12/2017 4:39:20 AM

Larry Money
Larry Money
Administrator
Info sent to your PGR e-mail

$

--
"Preacherman"
Assistant State Captain
Southern Colorado
0 permalink

Home » Colorado PGR General Discussions » 2017/2018 Ft. Carson Access Badge renewal procedures