Colorado Patriot Guard Riders Forum

register | lost password   sign in with Twitter
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Colorado PGR General Discussions » Preventing veteran suicides

This forum is used for general non-mission related postings
7/16/2013 3:35:41 PM

JackStThunder
JackStThunder
The most difficult thing about preventing veteran suicides is asking for help when you need it. Equally difficult is asking a friend if they need help.

Talking can help but many veterans are reluctant to voice their concerns. The group listed below is totally anonymous, requires no signup, keeps no records ... and has no affiliation to the VA. Group meetings take place every Tuesday evening at 7pm at 704 N. Tejon in Colorado Springs.

This is a veterans-only group. Please cross-post or tell anyone you may be concerned about. If you want you can call me at 719-238-3812 for more information.

http://md18.quartz.synacor.com/service/home/~/SA%20flyer%20veterans.jpg?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=89881&part=2
edited by JackStThunder on 7/16/2013
0 permalink
7/30/2013 2:51:35 PM

TM 5000
TM 5000
I think this is great, thanks for posting.
My father, a Viet Nam Veteran shot himself 24 years ago and it is still very difficult for me to deal with.
The world will NOT be a better place without you in it. Talk to someone. You are not alone.

I am on active duty in the Army right now and I understand the pressure, the need to talk and the difficulty in doing so, because of the stigma attached to seeking help.

--
Todd 'Slo Ride' Miller
TB Gamberi Afghanistan
APO, AE 09354
tm5000@rocketmail.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcCNcgoyG_0
0 permalink
7/31/2013 2:54:52 PM

JackStThunder
JackStThunder
Thanks Todd ... Difficult words well expressed. The living are also victims of a suicide. Feelings of confusion, betrayal and unspoken anger will follow a kid into adulthood. The unanswerable "If only I had ..." stays with us long after our loved one has gone never to return. You cannot reverse the suicide but it can help to talk about it with others who share a similar pain.

A group called "Heartbeat" meets monthly at The East Methodist church in Colorado Springs. This is for adults who have been wounded by a suicide

http://heartbeatsurvivorsaftersuicide.org/colospgs_chapter.shtml

Please share and cross post their website
0 permalink
10/19/2016 9:10:12 AM

E. W. Thomas
E. W. Thomas
There is a lady who lost her veteran husband to suicide several years ago. She has put together a demonstration at the intersection of Highway 34 & Main St. in Brush on the 22nd of every month from noon to 1pm to bring awareness to the problem of veteran suicide. She is getting a good turn out. My self and several PGR members stand with her almost every month. Anyone is welcome to join us.

E.W. "Tom" Thomas
Eastern Plains RC

Riding and Standing for Those Who have Served.

--
Standing with honor and respect for those who served.

E.W. "Tom" Thomas
Eastern Colorado Plains RC
0 permalink

Home » Colorado PGR General Discussions » Preventing veteran suicides