Home » Colorado PGR General Discussions » Thank you letters

This forum is used for general non-mission related postings
11/16/2012 6:11:11 AM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
November 14, 2012

Hello friends,

On behalf of the Denver United Veterans Council, I wish to express our gratitude for your participation in the 2012 Veterans Day Parade.

We recognize that the weather was not the best to hold a parade in and we were working in a double handicap of a new marshaling area and parade route; however, we stuck it out and pulled it off. It was a good parade for a good reason, to thank our veterans for their service to our great country. As was in the script for our parade, I am proud to be an American. The United States of America is the greatest country in the world. It is our freedoms that make it so. Your participation in the parade, in the cold and the snow, showed that we can work together and thank the veterans of our area for their sacrifices. It means a lot. We should all be proud.

Thanks again for your participation in the Veterans Day Parade.

Sincerely,
Andrew C. Grieb
Parade Chairman
Denver United Veterans Council

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
Colorado PGR HOTH Coordinator
0 permalink
12/4/2012 8:24:26 PM

Rick Shoaf
Rick Shoaf
I just received this and wanted to pass this on to you...it was for the Richard Ratzlaff mission this afternoon...

"To the Patriot Guards that showed up to Richard's Ratzlaffs services at Ft Logan, National Cemetery.
Thank you so much.
You made one mans final wishes come true. To be surounded by men who know what it is to put your life on the line for others, then ride to the finish line ! Rich, road his Harley until the day before he went into the hospital. He was a man with integrety and high morals. Much like each and everyone of you.
Thank you all again"

edited by sardawg28 on 12/4/2012

--
"...And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of satisfaction, I served in the United States Navy." John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Rick "Speed Bump" Shoaf
United States Navy 1970 - 2000
AFCM(AW/NAC) ret

Past State Captain 2011 to 2013
Senior Ride Captain, Northern Colorado

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, BUT rather to SKID In BROADSIDE, completely used up, bloody and bruised, totally worn out, and screaming "WOW---WHAT A RIDE"!!
0 permalink
12/14/2012 7:17:49 PM

Received a Thank You phone call today. We did a mission on 12-12-12 for John E. Larsen, US Army Veteran. I was the RC for the Ft Logan part of the mission, and when I knelt and gave our condolences to Gladys, his widow, I also gave her one of my cards and told her she could call me anytime if she needed to talk or ask questions. She called tonight and asked me to tell everybody, not just those that actually made the mission but everybody, how much we made a difference for them and what a good thing what we do is. John and her were motorcycle riders, and she said he would have been so honored to have real bikers there to stand for him. There was a portion of the family that was very against having us there, mostly because they didn't know what to expect from 'bikers'. Even they were so impressed on how beautiful the flag lines were, and how respectful and honorable everybody was, and all agreed that our presence made a huge difference.
0 permalink
2/20/2013 9:12:22 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
The following note was received following the Fort Logan Interment Service for Robert Otis on February 7, 2013:

Patriot Guard Riders,

Thank you so very much for your heartfelt presence at my husband's Service on February 7th. It was every bit as nice as he would have intended.

Truly honored and humbled.

Dora Otis and Family

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
2/20/2013 9:20:50 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
All the Colorado Patriot Guard Riders,

We wanted to make sure you all knew how grateful we were for your effort and honor on January 14, 2013 when we buried our father, Warren Weisgerber, and our mother. It was bitterly cold and the fact that you still showed up to help us honor our parents, especially our Dad, was more meaningful than you know. It is a truly beautiful thing you all do.

Thank you all.

Toni S.
edited by jwherst on 2/20/2013

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
2/20/2013 9:28:43 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
Another note of thanks following the Warren Weisgerber Service at Fort Logan on January 14, 2013:

I can't tell you how meaningful it was to have all of you standing with us to honor our father and also our mother. It was such a bitterly cold day and we missed the roar of your motorcycles, but, your presence was still such a gift. What you all do is such a beautiful thing. It made a very sad day feel like something bigger than our sadness.

Thank you all for your Service!

Kerry H.
edited by jwherst on 2/20/2013

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
3/19/2013 8:31:29 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
The following is from Abe:

On March 13, 2013 at the services for MSG Joseph Patrick Bascio, The 759th Military Police Battalion "Lone Sentinel" Presented Certificate of Appreciation to the Colorado Chapter of Patriot Guard Riders and Don Goode and I received it and thanked them..

Abe "nuguy" Duran

edited by jwherst on 3/19/2013

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
3/19/2013 8:42:31 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
I received the following note from a family friend of US Marine, Caleb Medley, who's Service we attended a couple of weeks ago in Burlington:

The PGR did an awesome job as they always do! Thanks so much for helping them out. Service was great, sad, but great.
Thanks again,
Mike

In addition, I received a call from a Marine with whom Caleb served. He wanted to express his appreciation to everyone involved in showing their support at this Service. The family expressed great relief in the fact that we were there, as well.

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
3/31/2013 4:23:42 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
We stood at Fort Logan for the Interment Service of Stephen Jacques on February 6, 2013. The following note of thanks came from his daughter, Stephanie:

Dear Riders,

You all were the finishing touch to my dad's memorial at Fort Logan. It was beautiful. Thank you for doing that, thank you also for your kind condolences to my family and me. Words will never be enough to express how thankful I am or how much everything means to me.

Thank you all once again.

Stephanie Jacques

edited by jwherst on 4/1/2013

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
3/31/2013 9:21:17 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
The following note of thanks was sent by the daughter of Marvin Lukenbach. We stood at his Funeral Service this past Friday, in Longmont:

Thank you for honoring my Father, yesterday. I heard so many nice comments. All appreciated your dedication to make it a memorable day. Dad would have been so pleased.

Thank you.

Jan Lukenbach & family, Longmont, CO

edited by jwherst on 4/1/2013

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
4/17/2013 10:52:39 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
On Monday, April 15th, a number of us attended the Interment Service for Sandy Reed. The following note came from her husband, Dan Reed, a Colorado PGR member:
Please give my grateful thanks to all who came out to support my family and me.

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
4/28/2013 5:16:39 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
Robyn, Jay, Wanda and I attended the VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System recognition event, yesterday. I thought you might find the following statistics impressive. As you can see, Volunteers are critical to the success of the System. The number of annual volunteer hours, more than 150,000, is equivalent to 75 full time employees. These hours, in addition to over $720,000.00 in donations, make the value brought to the Veterans to well over 4 million dollars. Volunteers drive in excess of a quarter million miles per year to provide free transportation for clinic appointments to those in need. 2012 was a record year for the VA ECHCS relative to volunteer hours, donations and miles driven.

For anyone who has volunteered at the VA Hospital (ECHCS), your contributions have been sincerely appreciated.

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
5/29/2013 9:52:14 AM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
Following is a note of thanks from one of the organizers of the Memorial Day Ceremony in Morrison:

Colorado PGR,

Just a moment to thank you for rallying a nice number to show a perimeter of American flags around our Memorial Day ceremony in Morrison. Your purpose is appreciated and your patriotic presentation is impressive.
Thank you!
Roger Poe, VFW Post 3471

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
6/6/2013 5:56:02 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
The following came from Sal Ingraldi, Southern Colorado Honor Flight President, following their return from DC on June 2nd:
Welcome Home was Great. Our Veterans were talking about it all the way home. You guys do such a great job. Thanks so much!

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
6/22/2013 6:32:42 PM

Received the following letter in our PO Box today

Colorado Patriot Guard Riders,

Honor Flight of Southern Colorado is a 501 C 3, non-profit organization; we take our WWII Veterans to Washington D.C., for a 3 day trip of a lifetime; at no cost to the veterans. We owe a great debt to these heroic men and women who valiantly served our nation and saved the world. They've earned our unending gratitude; we've pledged to never forget their sacrifices.

Your support on 31 May 2013 at 0230AM and again om 02 June at Midnight was so humbly appreciated by our 17 WWII Veterans and their families. They couldn't stop talking about the honor they felt seeing your representatives there cheering them on and welcoming them home.

On behalf of our WWII Veterans and Honor Flight of Southern Colorado Board of Directors, we extend our deepest appreciation to all your members for all you do for each veteran event you honor. We certainly would not be able to make any trips as memorable for our Veterans without your support.

Sincerely,

Salvatore Ingraldi, Chief Master Sergeant Retired
President, Honor Flight of Southern Colorado
www.honorflightsoco.org

0 permalink
7/11/2013 4:12:07 AM

Recieved this From Art Edwards. It is from the Daughter of John Robert Leonard SR.

I WANTED TO THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF THE PATRIOT GUARD RIDERS FOR HONORING MY FATHER. I CAN NOT THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH FOR A BEAUTIFUL SERVICE. YOU ALL MADE MY FAMILY AND MY FATHER VERY PROUD! HE WAS A WONDERFUL MAN AND I LOVE HIM VERY MUCH. HE IS GREATLY MISSED.

I WANTED TO SEND YOU A PICTURE OF HIM IN UNIFORM. HE BELONGED TO THE 82ND AIRBORNE AND THE 101ST AIRBORNE. HE WAS A MASTER JUMP MASTER STATIONED IN FT. CAMPBELL KY., AND IN OKINAWA, JAPAN. HE WAS A MEMBER OF THE 999TH SIGNAL COMPANY AND A GREAT HELICOPTER PILOT.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO FOR OTHERS. IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN SO MANY LIVES.

MUCH GRATITUDE AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL,

KATHY A. LEONARD
0 permalink
7/12/2013 12:01:19 AM

I recieved this in our email today.

I am writing to ask you to post my letter of appreciation on your website.

I want to sincerely thank all of the Western Colorado PGR members for
attending my Dad's Roy "Jack" L. Gamble, USN service on July 9, 2013 at the
Veterans Memorial Cemetery of Western Colorado.

During the service I felt like I had a line of protective angels standing
guard over Dad, myself, the guests and the service so that my Dad, our country
and our flag could have the proper respect and dignity that was much deserved.
While walking my Dad's remain to his resting place and passing under the flags
and between all of you and the Honor Guards I felt your arms around Dad and
myself. I swelled with pride for this country because of what you do and I
know my Dad was smiling with pride at the same time.

I want to also thank all the members nationwide who posted five pages of
loving and respectful farewells to my Dad on your website. It touched me so
much that you stopped your life to reach out to post a comment.

My only regret was that I did not get to personally walk over before or after
the service to shake each PGR's hand and thank them. I guess time does slip
away and because it was my Dad's service I was the only family member in
attendance I had to greet guest and focus on holding myself together. Please
know what it meant to me to have you there to honor and protect us and the
service. The mental picture I have of each of you will always remain.

Respectfully,

Cindy Gamble
Grand Junction, CO
0 permalink
7/17/2013 8:37:55 AM

I received this email today.

Ed,

This is Dan Mathys.

We have all stood the flag line many times and heard the thank you's from families. Yesterday was the first time I've been on the family side of the line. Believe me, the impact on family can only be experienced and not properly related in writing or verbally.

I just wanted to thank you and the riders for honoring my father in law, John McDuff. Nearly everyone commented to me how grateful they were for your presence and the service. The tokens you gave to my mother in law were greatly appreciated by her.

Ride safe.

Dan Mathys,
PGR Ride Captain
0 permalink
8/7/2013 7:10:43 AM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
The following Thank You note was recently received:

My cousin, Marlene Lightburn of NM will be sending card on behalf of family. We could not get there to service but it was described as "a sight to see", "very moving", and "awesome". A very special part was that of having the Army Flag. I haven't been on a mission where the branch of service is recognized with the flag. It really goes toward personalizing the service. For the riders that made the 2.5 hr ride to Monte, words cannot describe how important that was to the family. Please post this, if possible, as a thank you card to your riders. God bless and thank you for what you do! Sincerely, Leslie Gallegos, Proud member of the NE Arkansas PGR

Thank you is for the Jose George Gallegos Mission in Monte Vista CO
edited by jwherst on 8/7/2013

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
8/7/2013 7:37:45 AM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
The following note of thanks was received from the participants who were in the Denver VA PTSD Program on June 5, 2013. It was signed by all seventeen participants in the Program at that time.

Dear Members of the Colorado Patriot Guard Riders,

We are writing to send our sincere thanks for putting together the recent Ping Pong tournament and pizza social. Some major components of the PTSD program include socializing, learning how to feel happiness again and engaging in positive activities to help us find a new normal after combat. Your kindness and support through putting this event together has helped us progress in these areas and our recovery overall.

The morale of a unit is a key indicator to the likely success or failure in missions undertaken by that unit. Our current mission requires a tremendous amout of work on our own behalf, however, without the support of the Colorado Patriot Guard Riders and its members, low morale would be an insurmountable hurdle in our recovery. Thank you so much for organizing this event and helping us to continue marching along the path of recovery.

Sincerely,

The Veterans in the PTSD treatment program

This sincere expression of thanks demonstrates how a little volunteer time can have so much impact on so many in need of support. My thanks to those members who attend these monthly Socials and I would like to extend a big thank you to Kathy "Rat" Goldstein who not only is a regular at the monthly Socials, but, rarely misses the weekly PTSD Unit Graduation Ceremonies that take place each Thursday at 2:00PM.

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink

Home » Colorado PGR General Discussions » Thank you letters