register | lost password   sign in with Twitter
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Colorado PGR General Discussions » Thank you letters

This forum is used for general non-mission related postings
5/7/2017 6:39:01 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
In March, the Colorado Patriot Guard Riders stood in honor at the Services for Henry Jacob (Jay) Salzman in Loveland, CO. He was a Veteran of the US Army and served two tours in Vietnam.

We recently received the following note of thanks from his wife, Carrie:

Dear Colorado Patriot Guard Riders,

Thank you for the honor and condolences for my husband, Jay. We were together for ten years before we were married in 1994 and he always said to me he just wanted the rifle salute and I had promised him this. You and the VFW made his Military Honors more than we hoped.

Our Children and I are so very grateful to you, too.

God Bless you.

Carrie

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
Colorado PGR HOTH Coordinator
0 permalink
5/27/2017 7:52:30 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
The following note of thanks was sent by Louetta Smith, the organizer of the Veterans Memorial Day Tribute, in Denver:

Hello!

THANK YOU! And PLEASE express my thanks to all who participated - I never feel that I can personally thank all who contribute to the Tribute!

We honored our heroes - it was a good day! THANK YOU for always being there for the families and for those of us also trying to honor and remember them!

Hope to see you again soon!

With gratitude,

Louetta

edited by jwherst on 5/27/2017

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
5/27/2017 8:24:51 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
Six years ago we attended the Interment Service at Fort Logan National Cemetery for US Marine, Benny Marrufo. His widow, Cathie, has kept in touch over the years. She just sent the following note of thanks and a donation to the Colorado PGR:

Dear Friends,

Thinking of all of you on this Memorial Day and everyday. I've had some health issues, but, okay. I miss Benny and Jackie, so much. Give everyone my regards.

Semper Fi!

Love,

Cathie Marrufo

P.S. Thank you for helping me get my eyesight back. I can see. Also, for Benny's and Jackie's Services.

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
6/11/2017 1:30:10 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
Brad posted the following to "General Discussions" on May 27th. I thought it appropriate to add it to our "Thank You" notes, as well.

I think my Mom is in the process of sending a card, but wanted to post myself. My father passed away a few weeks ago, and the Colorado Patriot Guard Riders stood for his burial service at Ft. Logan on 23 May 17. It is such a totally different experience to come around the corner and see the flag line when it is for your own loved one, and even knowing what I was going to see, it still brought tears to my eyes. My Mom said she expected 10 or so flags, and was so amazed when there were much more than that.

As many of you know, my father was very proud of what the Patriot Guard Riders do, what I did for the PGR, and he loved going to missions when he could. He started out almost always going to the Saturday Memorial Missions at Ft Logan, and occasionally coming down to Colorado Springs with me to go to Send Offs and Welcome Homes. He proudly held a flag and stood in the flag lines. As he got older and his health began to fail, he still went the the Memorial Missions, but had to sit on the walls by committal shelter 'A'. He couldn't go at all the last few years, because he was diagnosed with Alzheimers. He had just recently been moved into an Assisted living home just down the street from Ft. Logan National Cemetery. A few days before he passed, he had made me promise to take him to the next Memorial Mission, which would have been on May 13th, but he passed on May 4th.

Dad always proudly wore his Coast Guard hat, and love to show people the mission pin he had on it. Thank you to everybody that attended his mission. I knew at some point it was going to happen, but it was still much sooner than expected. Your presence helped.

Thank you all, and Ride Safe!

Brad "Charger" Lewellen

Retired Colorado State Captain (2007 -08)
Retired Colorado Ride Captain (2006-12)
Retired National PGR Moderator (2006-10)

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived"
George S. Patton

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
6/11/2017 1:37:48 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
The following note of thanks was sent by Barbara Lewellen. We were honored to stand for her husband, John, a Coast Guard Veteran, on May 23, 2017 at Fort Logan National Cemetery:

On behalf of my whole family, I want to thank you for coming to John's burial at Fort Logan. The Flag Line was heartwarming.

You are truly patriots.

All our love and respect.

Barbara Lewellen

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
6/11/2017 1:58:02 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
The following thank you letter was sent by Gloria Clough on May 31, 2017:

Colorado PGR:

On behalf of the Colorado Volunteer Support Services, Inc., thank you for supporting us in our efforts to support our veterans, active duty personnel and their families. Thank you for sharing the day with us and for making it very special. You have a great group of volunteers that came out and did a great job! Their help was invaluable in pulling off a successful event!

This ride would not be as successful without people like you. I truly appreciate it!

Sincerely,

Gloria A. Clough
Founder/President
Colorado Volunteer Support Services, Inc.
Colorado Coordinator for the National Armed Forces FreedomRide

Along with this letter were Certificates of Appreciation for:

Tanja Batchelor
Jim Byrnes
Jim Carr
Mike Endres
Kathy "Rat" Goldstein
Rick "Smokey" McAlister
Dave Stuht
Kim Tompkins
Bob Waples

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
6/16/2017 8:37:38 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
Today, the Colorado PGR attended the Funeral Service for James Metcalf. While at the Service, we received the following note of thanks and a generous donation from Mr. Metcalf's daughter, Lainey Hamrick.

To all of my heroes in the PGR,

I can't tell you how much it meant to me to have you by my side, today. My dad was a brilliant man and Parkinsons reduced him so unfairly. It was so difficult for him.

I'm grateful for all of you and please let me know when I can stand in for you!

Gratefully,

Lainey

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
6/18/2017 8:49:25 PM

Lisa Menard
Lisa Menard
Administrator
On Saturday, June 17, we stood at the presentation of the Honor and Remember flag to the family of Sgt. Fae Moore, who was killed on Tarawa during WWII, and re-interred in Nebraska last year. We received the following note of thanks from his nephew, whose DNA was used to identify his remains.

Thank you so much for the coins and everything you did to make this event so special Please thank all of your riders. If you wish, please feel free to pass this on to others.

Blessings,
Larry Denton
edited by Fancypants on 6/19/2017

--
Lisa Menard

Be not simply good, be good for something. -Henry David Thoreau
0 permalink
6/19/2017 12:47:53 PM

Lisa Menard
Lisa Menard
Administrator
We also received this note from John Adams of the Honor and Remember organization.

Lisa,

It was a pleasure to meet you even it if was for just a brief moment. There was a lot going on and I had my head on a swivel. First off, a huge thank you to the Colorado Patriot Guard Riders for bringing the Flag line to our ceremony. I meant it when I said the Patriot Guard Riders are always there for the Families of the Fallen. Two of the chapters Gold Star Mothers that were in attendance just love all you guys to pieces. Both of them commented on the support their families received when their Fallen Heroes were brought home. Mr. Denton and the rest of the family of Sgt. Fae V. Moore were equally impressed and so appreciative of your attendance. A special thank you just for you for taking charge and organizing your people when it was time to begin the ceremony. I was jumping all over the place and next thing I knew your people were lined up and ready to go. What an honor and privilege to have you and your Riders at the presentation. I am always amazed and proud to stand by those that will give of their time and resources to support our military and their families. Tell your people thank you and God Bless.

Respectfully,

John Adams

--
Lisa Menard

0 permalink
6/19/2017 4:36:58 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
On April 18, 2017, the Colorado PGR attended the Funeral and Interment Services for Raymond Pompieri. We recently received a generous donation and the following note of thanks from his wife, Judith.

Dear Guard Riders,

Thank you so very much for attending my husband's funeral, both at the Our Lady of the Pines Church in Black Forest and Fort Logan National Cemetery on April 18, 2017. Raymond would have loved your presence there. I pray that you can continue your service in this manner for many years to come. Also, thank you for your service to our country, as well.

With deepest appreciation,

Judith Ann Pompieri

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
6/19/2017 6:49:08 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
The following note was sent, today, by Sam Mourning. Sam was the attending Hospice Nurse the last two days of Mr. Harpers life. It was Sam who notified the PGR so that we all could insure that US Air Force and Vietnam Veteran, Richard Harper, would be provided with the full Military Honors that he earned.

Please allow me to express my sincere gratitude to all the members of the Colorado Patriot Guard Riders who attended the internment ceremony for Mr. Harper today. The quiet, respectful and dignified manner with which you honored Mr. Harper will remain in my memory for the rest of my life. My girls and I were somewhat surprised at being chosen to receive the flag and commemorative pins on behalf of his family. We talked about it on the way home. It was deeply humbling and I believe will prove to be a life event for my two girls.

Your mission is so very important and today reaffirmed my belief that the concepts of honor, duty and respect are not, in fact, dead in this country.

With deepest gratitude,

Sam Mourning

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
7/11/2017 7:29:15 AM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
We received the following note along with a check in the amount of $829.00 which was raised at the Brighton High School bake sale/fundraiser to support the Colorado PGR:

Dear PGR,

We cannot thank you guys enough for all the support at the bake sale. You are all incredible human beings for doing what you do. The bake sale was a huge hit and the check is enclosed. Thank you again for riding out and supporting us.

Ride safe and god bless!

Sincerely,

Brandi Hunter and Brooke Blanton

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
8/25/2017 4:50:36 PM

Lisa Menard
Lisa Menard
Administrator
We received the following note via email today:

I would to thank the state of Colorado's Patriot Guard Riders who attend the flag line on Aug. 3rd in Colorado Springs.
I too have participated in PGR flag lines, you have no idea what it meant to me.
The ceremony was just beautiful
Thanks. Again for seeing my son off, I will always hold the PGR of Colorado dear to my heart.
Orlan R. Meeks
Riding for
Wesley R. Meeks
J., Brett Ingram

--
Lisa Menard

0 permalink
9/6/2017 10:45:17 AM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
On August 13, 2017, a number of our members attended the Service for Arthur "Chris" Chistensen in Colorado Springs. We just received the following note of thanks.

Dear Colorado PGR,

I want to sincerely thank you and the members of the Colorado Patriot Guard who gave of their time at my husband Arthur's memorial service. It meant a great deal to me and to his family, and to the veterans and friends who attended the service. Please extend my thanks to Jack "St Thunder" Casey, Bob "Ironsides" McCune, Rick "Smokey" McAlister, Rich "Honor Man" Blackaby, Alan "Engineer" Harrison, Chuck "Triker" Lepine, and Ken "Hollywood" Clarke.

You are an awesome group. I will forever be grateful for what you did!!

Sincerely,
Rita Christensen

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
9/8/2017 12:30:05 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
On July 5, 2017 the Colorado Patriot Guard stood at the Services for US Army Veteran, Robert Rehburg. The following note of thanks was sent by his family:

Thank you so much for attending Robert's Services, both at the church and cemetery. We really appreciate all you have done for us as a family.

The Robert Rehburg family

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
9/8/2017 12:31:47 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
On August 17, 2017 the Colorado Patriot Guard stood in honor for the Services of USMC Veteran, Estevan Villarreal in Brush, Colorado. The following note of thanks was sent by his family:

Patriot Guard Riders,

Thank you for honoring Estevan. It meant a lot to him and all the members of his family.

Thank you.

The Villarreal Family

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
9/8/2017 12:33:48 PM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
On August 18, 2017 the Colorado Patriot Guard stood in honor for the Service of US Air Force Veteran, Harry Staub, Jr. The following note of thanks was sent by his family:

Colorado Patriot Guard Riders,

To all that showed up to honor my father, Harry R. Staub, Jr., on Friday, August 18th, I want to thank you for this, for taking the time to honor my mom with the kind words and memorabilia. You all gave comfort to our family during this difficult moment. We thank you so much for your service to our country.

God bless you all.

JoAnn Leonard and Barbara Staub

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
9/27/2017 10:08:55 AM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
On August 5, 2017 the Colorado PGR stood in honor, in Colorado Springs, for WWII Veteran, Wayne E. Carver. The following note of thanks was sent by his family:

We can't express how much your coming meant to us to honor Dad's Service.

Thanks so much!

Dora, Kathy and Linda

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink
9/29/2017 9:20:38 AM

Lisa Menard
Lisa Menard
Administrator
On September 28, we stood in honor for Tom Kurtz at Fort Logan National Cemetery. We received the following thank you note:

I wanted to thank everyone from the PGR who came out for Tom Kurtz' funeral yesterday. They were awesome and Emily loved that they were there. I wanted to say thanx to everyone in person, but they were off to the next funeral before ours wrapped up. Please pass along my heart felt thanx for all you do. It made a big difference and was very much appreciated.

Thanx again. torch
edited by Fancypants on 9/29/2017

--
Lisa Menard

0 permalink
11/26/2017 11:41:51 AM

Jim Herstein
Jim Herstein
Administrator
We recently received the following note of thanks and a generous donation from Cathie Marrufo. Cathie has been a friend of the Colorado PGR since May, 2011, when we stood in honor at the Interment Service for her husband, Benny.

Happy Veterans Day to all of you.

God bless you and best regards.

Cathie Marrufo

edited by jwherst on 11/26/2017

--
Jim
(303) 518-8790
jwherst@aol.com
0 permalink

Home » Colorado PGR General Discussions » Thank you letters